Usage of Bulk Voice Calling or Outbound Voice call has been increasing and it is being used in many industries. Outbound Call is no longer just a alert information service or emergency communication service.
Outbound calling is even used to provide free music to subscribers free of cost! Imagine, the same was only provided as incoming calls and up to Rs. 6/p per minute charged not so long ago as a VAS ( Value Added Service) by mobile operators.
With availability of affordable smartphones as well as mobile data services, users have many options for entertainment and entire web-based applications for any services have moved to smartphones. And outbound voice calls have also seen massive growth along with growth of smartphones.
With advent of social media applications like Twitter and Facebook, most probably, these platform could provide a real alternative to voice broadcasting with a simple mobile app at an affordable rate. One of the most useful point about voice broadcasting is that it is intrusive to the called party and the called party can either receive the call or disconnect it, either way it will alert her. So the message is delivered instantly as soon as the called party picks up the call in real time. . That same may not be true for email or SMS which he might just ignore to check them later or may not check at all.
But social media alerts are being checked immediately or at quick interval. This could be used to deliver real-time messages in voice.
Here is how it could be done :-
Apps could be installed in smartphone or any social media platform like Facebook or Twitter as Voice Broadcasting App. It wont use outbound telephone call to mobile phone users, but use their Facebook/Twitter account or the per-installed app.
1. Mobile Operator or Smartphone manufacturer will install this app by default on the phone and user will have option to keep it active or inactive.
2. Or Twitter/Facebook will have special message type, voice broadcasting message.
3. This apps will be used to alert for incoming voice broadcasting. Likewise Twitter/Facebook will also alert users on incoming voice broadcast message.
4. User will know that it is a voice broadcast which works just like an incoming telephone call.
5. Voice Broadcast app or Twitter/Facebook will play the recorded voice message as soon as user accepts the voice broadcast message.
This kind of arrangement instead of voice broadcast using telephone call may offer many advantages :-
1. It will not be as intrusive as a telephone call.
2. It is easy to implement by either telephone operator or smartphone manufacturer.
3. I can work with any data connectivity, Wifi or 3G or even 2G.
4. It may become revenue source for mobile operator or smart phone manufacturer.
5. There is no requirement of NDNC registry.
6. Users will have freedom to enable/disable to receive voice broadcast or not.
1. It can be used for only voice broadcasting with per-recorded message.
2. Connection to human agent for any further assistance or work can not be performed.
3. User input wont be easy to accept and process accordingly.
I am sure the above disadvantages could be overcome in future.