Recently, I met a person who asked me, how can one establish both inbound/outbound call centre with the lowest investment possible ? This has led me to think, what would be the lowest cost possible call centre if one wishes to build for himself and who is capable of developing software himself.
I worked with him to write down the the minimum desired features in the call centre:-
1. It should be able to receive incoming calls and transfer it to a agent as per key-press.
2. The conversation should be recorded.
3. Agent should get an popup on her computer with call details, option chosen.
4 Agent should be able to make an outbound call and this should also be recorded automatically.
5. Software to update call status or process status as per the call centre work, for example, complaint management system.
6. MIS for Call data record
Hardware requirement :-
1. One TDM/Analog Telephone Lines to IP gateway like Matrix Comsec SETU VFXTH
Rupees : 30000/-
2. 8 PCs: Rs. 150,000/-
3. switch and cabling, Rs. 10000
1. 8 HMP 3.0 for Windows Licenses Rs. 24000/-
2. Kapanga Software : Freely available for non-commercial use.
3. Customised IVR and pop up software.
So, the total one time investment would be Rs. 230,000/- approximately. With these equipments, one can be ready with a working call centre.
1. All the agent PCs would be installed with Kapanga Software along with a custom developed pop up application.
2. IVR Application will be developed to receive incoming calls through IP Gateway and transfer the call to agent by dialing out the local IP address of the agent PC.
3. IVR will record the voice communications too.
4. IVR will maintain all call logs and trigger the popup application t agent desktop as soon as it dials the agent PC.
5. IVR Application will maintain free agents and transfer calls to agents using LRU ( Last Recently Used).
6. Agents will also be given a software to select a phone number and dial out. Or IVR will be configured to dial out automatically from a database of telephone numbers
So, using Dialogic HMP 3.0, it is possible to build a low cost call centre without having to buy many hardware or software!
Latest posts by Uttam Pegu (see all)
- Ozonetel on way to handling a Billion Missed Call by April 2015 - February 16, 2015
- Advantages of IVR in smartphone Era - February 16, 2015
- Voice Broadcast to smartphones: A different approach - February 9, 2015